Treatment with Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine provides a safe and natural approach to enhance Fertility. This ancient modality can effectively treat various conditions causing infertility including:
- Unexplained Infertility
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Poor Egg Quality/ Quantity
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Low Sperm Count
- Poor sperm morphology
- Poor sperm motility
Benefits of Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Regulates the Menstrual Cycle and Ovulation
- Regulates the Endocrine System and Balances Hormones
- Increases blood flow to the pelvic cavity, improving egg quality
and the chance of implantation
- Improve Sperm Quality/Quantity
- Improve Immune function and reduce stress to maximize fertilty quotient
- Increases success rate of IVF and IUI
Most fertility patients will be treated with Acupuncture at least once a week for a minimum of 3 months.
Upon arrival for the first appointment, the patient is asked to fill out a detailed health history questionnaire. The acupuncturist will then review the health history with the patient and go over the patient's primary health concerns and lifestyle. The acupuncturist will take the the patient's pulses and look at his/her tongue (In Chinese medicine the tongue and pulses are representative of the the various organ/meridian systems and help in the diagnostic process).
After the interview, the practitioner will come up with a diagnosis and treatment plan for the patient. In women, the treatment plan will coincide with the menstrual cycle.
Tiny filiform needles will then be inserted into various acupuncture points on the body. The patient may feel a heaviness or tingling sensation around the needle insertion site. The needles are typically retained for 20-30 minutes.
Chinese Herbal Formulas will be prescribed as needed.